The Public Administration programme offered by University of Texas Arlington is designed to develop leadership capacity, understanding of the political, social, and economic characteristics of today’s urban environment and the ability to apply current theories of management and analysis to difficult management issues. The program is meant as preparation for those entering management careers in government for the first time or as career development for those already employed who are seeking upward mobility in public management.
Those seeking admission to the MPA program can choose between two program options:
- courses taught on campus primarily during the evening hours; and
- courses taught online.
Applicants who choose the on-campus option may plan their courses to include the requirements of certificate programs such as Urban Nonprofit Management or Public Budgeting and Financial Management.
The mission of the Master’s of Public Administration program is to strengthen public decision making and the delivery of public services in a globalized and diverse society by educating students to lead and manage organizations at all levels of government and nonprofit institutions ethically, democratically, and effectively.
The MPA degree at the School of Urban and Public Affairs is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA), and the curriculum conforms to NASPAA standards.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Public Organization Theory
- Public Budgeting
- Financial Management in the Public and Non-Profit Sectors
- Evaluation Research
- Public Administration
- Public Human Resources
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 507 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
Applicants who meet all the following requirements will be considered for unconditional admission:
- Minimum Writing GRE score of 4.0 (may be waived under certain conditions - see "Waiving the GRE" below)
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- A preferred minimum Verbal GRE score of 450 (Revised GRE Test: 150), and minimum Quantitative GRE of 450 (Revised GRE Test: 141), and a minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 1,000 (Revised GRE Test Combined: 291) (may be waived under certain conditions - see "Waiving the GRE" below)
- Outstanding letters of recommendation
- Strong, well-written personal essay
International23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23122 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23122 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State10514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10514 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.