The curriculum is designed to develop leadership capacity, understanding of the political, social, and economic characteristics of today’s urban environment and the ability to apply current theories of management and analysis to difficult management issues.
The program is meant as preparation for those entering management careers in government for the first time or as career development for those already employed who are seeking upward mobility in public management.
The MPA degree at the School of Urban and Public Affairs is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA), and the curriculum conforms to NASPAA standards.
The Public Administration program from The University of Texas at Arlington is meant as preparation for those entering management careers in government for the first time or as career development for those already employed who are seeking upward mobility in public management.
- Local Politics in the Intergovernmental Setting
- Public and Non-profit Organization Theory
- Public Budgeting
- Financial Management in the Public and Non-profit Services
- Evaluation Research
- Public Administration
- Human Resource Management in Government and Non-profits
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy View 628 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Minimum Writing GRE score of 4.0 (may be waived under certain conditions - see "Waiving the GRE" below)
- Minimum Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 based on the last 60 hours of course work as calculated by UTA Graduate Admissions.
- A preferred minimum Verbal GRE score of 450 (Revised GRE Test: 150), and minimum Quantitative GRE of 450 (Revised GRE Test: 141), and a minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative score of 1,000 (Revised GRE Test Combined: 291) (may be waived under certain conditions - see "Waiving the GRE" below)
- Outstanding letters of recommendation
- Strong, well-written personal essay
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.