The American Society of Landscape Architects describes landscape architecture as a profession encompassing “the analysis, planning, design, management, and stewardship of the natural and built environments.” Landscape Architecture at Temple University is a professional discipline focused on the promotion of environmental balance and human well-being through sustainable design. Ecological landscape restoration, the emphasis of this M.L.Arch. degree, has emerged as a critical dimension of landscape architecture over the past few decades. Landscape restoration increases local and regional biodiversity and mitigates potentially dangerous consequences of degradation through projects such as stream bank stabilization, created wetlands to help infiltrate stormwater, mine reclamation, industrial brownfield remediation, and reforestation of urban land. Understanding the ecological processes and natural history that constitute a site is fundamental to the design process.
Prepared with the knowledge to make informed and creative environmental design decisions, graduates are highly marketable and have the skills required of professional landscape architects, including design, computer graphics, horticultural knowledge, technical competence, and knowledge of restoration. Temple University's location in this region supports professional opportunities for graduates. This area has a very high concentration of prominent landscape architecture firms, public agencies, and ecological restoration professionals.
- Landscape Architecture Computer Technology II
- Woodland Design Studio
- Aesthetics of Ecological Design Seminar
- Northeastern Woodland Ecosystems
- Wetland/Riparian Design Studio
- Research Design Methods
- Wetland Ecology
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture View 179 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Take a standardized test
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference:3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Approximately 500 to 1,000 words include your reason for pursuing an advanced degree in Landscape Architecture; your interest in Temple's program in particular; and your aspirations and future career goals.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Portfolio: Applicants have the option of submitting a portfolio. Portfolios from students with prior academic experience in Landscape Architecture should include design work done in academic settings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International29238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
National29238 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1329 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State21252 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 966 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.