Students in the Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program at Temple University will help language learners gain access to the wealth of opportunities associated with the ability to read, speak and write English. Develop the skills to adapt instruction to learners’ age, communicative and academic needs, linguistic backgrounds, literacy development, native languages, and proficiency levels. The program also teaches research-based practices and strategies related to planning, implementing and managing English as a second language (ESL) and English as a foreign language (EFL) content instruction.
The TESOL MSEd program can be completed on a part- or full-time basis, with evening classes that accommodate the schedules of working professionals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Language Study I: Phonology and the Lexicon
- Applied Language Study II: Grammar, Morphology and Classroom Discourse
- Multilingual Students' Literacy Development
- Current Approaches to Teaching English Language Learners
- Designing Assessment and Curriculum for Multilingual Students
- 48 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Linguistics View 1062 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Submit your supporting credentials (Statement of Goals, Transcripts, Standardized Test Scores, Letters of Recommendation, Résumé, Portfolio, Audition or Interview)
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International1297 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1297 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National1297 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1297 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State942 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 942 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.