The programme’s comparative focus allows you to develop a tool set for analysis in professional fields and within many fields of research, as well as to learn more about a selected country of focus (including your own) during the research process.
The objective of the International Social Welfare and Health Policy degree at Oslo Metropolitan University is to qualify candidates for the positions in social and health services that require:
- The knowledge and ability to conduct systematic documentation and evaluation of social and health service programmes.
- A knowledge of international and comparative studies within health and social welfare.
Many graduates have found positions in NGOs, research institutes, universities, and public and private welfare and health organisations.
You can go on an exchange during your third semester or while you write your master’s thesisYou can exchange to one of OsloMet’s partners around the world.
We encourage you to take your fieldwork abroad in the third semester. We have a number of partner organisations with projects that you can write your master's thesis on, and we help to facilitate your studies abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International social welfare,
- International health,
- Risk theory and globalisation,
- Foundational research methods
- Scientific theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSociology Health Management Public Policy View 5 other Masters in Health Management in Norway
- a bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent degree, in social work, child care and welfare, political science, sociology, anthropology (or related social sciences), nursing, physiotherapy, health psychology, medicine, or a similar health-related degree
- an average grade of at least C (according to the ECTS grading scale) on your bachelor's degree
- proof of your English proficiency
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
The only cost of this programme is the semester fee of approximately 1000 NOK (101 EUR).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.