In addition to this specific focus, there are two more aspects which make Geographical Information Management and Applications degree from Wageningen University and Research a unique Master of Science program: the blended learning concept and the co-operation between four renowned Dutch universities.
You will get the best from geo-information Nederland GISexperts from four universities in the Netherlands: University of Twente/ITC Enschede, TU Delft, Utrecht University and Wageningen University. These universities have joined forces to offer GIMA, each with their own specializations related to geo-information technology, management and applications. The GIMA programme offers more than advanced use of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) for a variety of applications: it also covers the management of geo-information and spatial data infrastructures in organizations and management styles. Since the start of the programme in 2003, GIMA has become one of the most popular and well evaluated master programs on geo-information applications and management in the Netherlands and our community keeps growing.
The internship is one of the reflections of GIMA’s links to professional geo-information organizations (governments, companies, institutes). The possibility of doing GIMA part-time (whilst working in such an organization) is another reflection. Part-time GIMA studies last 4 years and full-time studies 2 years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MSc. GIMA programme is offered as blended learning. At the beginning of each module there are 3 contact days in which the lectures are being held and the assignments explained. After that there is a period of distance learning of approximately 12 weeks. At the end of the module there are two examination days at one of the four universities. The modular set-up is shown below.
- You can get exemption for the internship or modules if you can prove sufficient relevant experience.
- The modules can also be attended separately. This will result in separate certificates instead of an MSc. certificate.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 10 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- already obtained a university Bachelor degree or equivalent in a discipline related to geo-information or to a spatial / informatics discipline (Architecture, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Management, Planning, …)
- academic and research skills on par with those expected at the level of a university Bachelor degree
- basic computer skills
- English language proficiency (as GIMA is a complete English language programme).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17616 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17616 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.