The Systems and Synthetic Biology MRes programme from Imperial College London is delivered by the Institute of Systems and Synthetic Biology and is organised in association with the Centre for Integrative Systems Biology and Bioinformatics (CISBIO). There is a link with the BIoS Centre at King’s College to facilitate the integration of this research with emerging ethical, legal and societal issues.
Teaching and assessment
- Teaching methods
- Computer-based work
- Formal presentations
- Group work exercises
- Individual research project and dissertation (9 months), with optional placement
- Online lecture materials
- Online lecture recordings
- Practical classes
- Life Scientists
- Physical Scientists
- Experimental Systems Biology
- Theoretical Systems Biology
- Technology & Biotechnology
- Synthetic Biology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
Most postgraduate courses remain open until they are full, so make sure you apply in good time. UK and non-visa nationals have the same deadline.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 160 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Imperial College London and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in physical sciences, engineering, mathematics, life sciences or biomedical sciences.
- A suitable grounding in mathematics is required, for example: A-level Mathematics grade A.
- A wide variety of international qualifications are accepted.
- All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
- An ATAS certificate is required for all visa-nationals, with the exception of EEA/Swiss nationals and nationals of the following countries: Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the USA.
- To apply for an ATAS certificate online, you will need your programme’s Common Aggregation Hierarchy (CAH) code and ‘descriptor’, as well as your university supervisor name. For this course, these are: CAH03-01-02; biology (non-specific); Professor Anne Dell.
International32400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.