This Economics for Competition Law programme from King's College London is suitable for practising lawyers, regulators, academics and those with a specific need for knowledge of Economics for Competition Law. On completion of the course, you will have a firm understanding of the increasingly important role that economics plays in competition law and an understanding of when economic analysis is needed for a particular competition law case.
Our course has been specifically designed for economists and lawyers in private practice, in- house legal advisers and representatives from the national competition authorities.
What you'll learn
Economic evidence and analysis play a crucial role in cases brought before the European Commission, national authorities and courts.
Benefit from a highly relevant programme that:
- Gives an in-depth insight into the application of Economics to Competition Law.
- Deals with basic building blocks of economic analysis in competition law: market power and market definition.
- Covers the economic issues that arise under Article 101 and Article 102, network effects and the boundaries of competition law and intellectual property law, mergers and state aid.
- Course materials are written by leading professional experts in the field
- Can be studied anywhere in the world
- Weekend seminars led by course directors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of the Economics of Competition Law
- Antitrust and State Aid
- Networks and Dynamic Markets
- Merger Control and Quantitative Analysis
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics European Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 55 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold a degree in law of a good 2nd class standard or the equivalent or a degree in a related discipline or be qualified as a barrister or a solicitor.
- Applications may also be accepted from a candidate who has achieved a comparative academic level through his or her studies and where previous study, work or experience has made the applicant a suitable candidate.
- It is not possible to study this programme whilst you are registered for a different programme at any other institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International7350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7350 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7350 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.