This Economics for Competition Law programme from King's College London is aimed at competition lawyers, both in-house and in private practice, and economists who may be new to competition law. Completing this rigorous programme will give you an edge in a competitive job market.
The programme aims to provide you with an understanding of the increasingly important role that economics plays in competition law and an understanding of when economic analysis is relevant to a particular competition law case.
Is this course right for you?
Competition lawyers will be aware of the importance that economic evidence and analysis plays in cases brought before the European Commission, national competition authorities and the courts.
This programme has been specifically designed for lawyers in private practice, in-house legal advisers, representatives from the national competition authorities and the European Commission.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The first unit covers the conceptual foundations of economics as applied to competition law.
- The next two units cover the basic building blocks of economic analysis in competition law: market power and market definition. Units four to five look at economic issues that arise under Article 102, whilst units six and seven deal with Article 101.
- These are followed by one unit on network effects and the boundaries of competition and intellectual property law, two units on mergers, one on state aid and one on empirical analysis.
- Each unit will consist of text, suggestions for further reading; questions and model answers. The units are designed to give the reader a basic understanding of the economics of the topic in question.
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics European Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 32 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in United Kingdom
Applicants should hold a degree in law of a good 2nd class standard or the equivalent or a degree in a related discipline or be qualified as a barrister or a solicitor.
- Applications may also be accepted from a candidate who has achieved a comparative academic level through his or her studies and where previous study, work or experience has made the applicant a suitable candidate.
- It is not possible to study this programme whilst you are registered for a different programme at any other institution.
International6660 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6660 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
EU/EEA6660 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6660 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.