The Master of Information Technology and Systems from University of Tasmania provides students with a previous tertiary qualification in any discipline area with the knowledge, understanding and skills to enable them to deal effectively with advanced issues involving IT and IS.
MITS graduates should be ICT professionals with the abilities and skills to:
- adapt and apply techniques for acquiring, converting, transmitting, storing, managing and analysing data, information and knowledge;
- select and effectively apply processes, methodologies, tools, research skills and techniques to analyze, model, develop, and manage ICT products and services;
- explain and adapt appropriate ICT to support business processes and decision making to help an organisation achieve its objectives;
- evaluate and communicate the likely utility of emerging or advanced ICT to an individual or organization;
- apply abstraction and critical thinking to a problem, identify and define the ICT requirements, apply knowledge of advanced ICT principles and technical skills to develop and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of potential solutions.
The Master of Information Technology and Systems course from University of Tasmania is an effective means of opening up new career possibilities in a broad range of ICT fields. Graduates of the MITS will have the knowledge and skills to solve complex social, economic and technical problems within the context of information and communication technology.
By selecting specialist subjects, graduates will develop deep theoretical and practical knowledge in specific areas so that they will have the intellectual and conceptual foundation to play leading roles in the development of the ICT industry.
Graduates of the program will be expected to play leading professional roles in the field locally and overseas.
The MITS has full, professional-level accreditation from the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Big Data Management and Analytics
- Information Systems & Management
- Mobile, Web and Cloud Computing
- Networks & Embedded Systems
- Graphics and Games Development
- Interactive Design & Technology
- Logistics & Enterprise Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 112 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 16 unit masters (2 years)
- Bachelor Degree from accredited tertiary institution.
- 12 unit masters (1.5 to 2 years)
- To qualify for a 12 unit MITS, you must currently hold a Bachelor degree in an ICT-related area, or a Bachelor degree in any discipline and a Graduate Certificate/Diploma in an ICT-related area covering at least the fundamental knowledge of software design and programming, computer networks, web system development, and database technology.
- Students who do not hold a Bachelor or Graduate Certificate/Diploma in an ICT-related area will be required to complete a 2-year, 16 unit masters.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34544 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69088 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.