This one-year, postgraduate Master in Advanced Studies in European Policies and Public Administration at KU Leuven has an explicit European and comparative orientation, which includes the study of institutions, decision-making and policies of the European Union on the one hand, and the analysis of convergence and divergence of public sector problems and solutions in European countries on the other. In promoting comparative approaches, MEPP not only seeks to strengthen cognitive capacities and analytical skills, but also to foster an open-minded attitude towards diversity.
This intensive, one-year programme is the ideal preparation for a career in the field of European policy and public administration. Graduated students go on to pursue a number of interesting careers at all levels of governments (federal, local, regional) and in European and international institutions or interest groups. Graduates also find careers in non-governmental organisations, pressure groups and the private sector. The MEPP-programme can also be considered as a preparation for PhD research in political science and public administration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- European Union Policy-making
- Comparative Public Administration in Europe
- Comparative Public Management in Europe
- Comparative Public Policy in Europe
- Pressure Groups in the European Union
- Current Issues in European Politics, Policy and Government
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEuropean Studies Political Science View 18 other Masters in European Studies in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Diploma(s)/transcripts and legalized translation: The applicant must upload PDF scans of his/her original diploma(s) and transcript(s) of academic records. If the documents are not in English, Dutch, French or German, please arrange for the documents to be translated by a registered translator. These documents must also be certified by the educational institution that issued them or by a national authority. If the applicant has not graduated yet, a proof of provisional graduation issued by the university and the intermediate official transcript(s) should be uploaded.
- Grade Translation.
- CV and Letter of Motivation: A two-page letter in English motivating your interest in the programme.
- Experience Statement: Statement (and if possible, proof) on previous research experience, experience with writing papers or a dissertation, preferably in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.