We are organising an online open day on Wednesday 1 December 2021 to inform students about our English-language programmes. Discover Europe’s most innovative university and learn more about our international programmes, admissions, housing and much more. For more information, Google “KU Leuven Online Open Day”.
The advanced Advanced Studies in Economics programme at KU Leuven features a choice of graduate-level courses from different fields within economics. The goal is to enable you to find a promising research topic and to develop your own research on it. This research leads to the Master of Advanced Studies in Economics thesis, which may become the first chapter of a doctoral dissertation.
A large proportion of graduates move on to careers in managerial and/or research positions in national and international institutions and universities. Students graduating with distinction can apply for the PhD programme in Economics at KU Leuven.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Econometrics
- Dynamic Methods
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Research Workshop
- Master’s Project Advanced Studies in Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics View 26 other Masters in Economics in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should hold a diploma, with above-average academic performance, from either of the following classes:
- another university Master's degree in Economics comparable to the Master's degree in Economics of KU Leuven, Campus Leuven
- a university Master's degree in Business Economics or Business Engineering awarded by the Faculty of Economics and Business at KU Leuven, Campus Leuven or equivalent;
- a university Master's degree with a solid background in mathematics and statistics (for example, a university Master's degree obtained at the Faculty of Engineering or at the Faculty of Bioscience engineering) and with a strong interest in economics
- - two recommendation letters that should be mailed by the referee
- - a letter of motivation written and signed by the applicant, explaining the choice for Leuven and for this particular programme.
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.