SIPA’s Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) degree at Columbia University prepares you for executive jobs that aim to develop free market economies, create better global security, and strengthen political bonds.
The EMPA helps graduates forge careers in government, nonprofits, international organizations, and the private sector. As an effective leader, you will learn how to affect policy, influence the course of an organization, manage employees, understand the complexities of government, organize budgets, and advocate for public services.
- The national need for trained policy analysts and public managers is a critical one, as public policy issues become larger and more complex.
- Our graduates pursue careers in local, state, and federal governmental agencies dealing with critical public policy issues, and work as managers and staff analysts in nonprofit organizations, private corporations, banks, and consulting firms.
- Political Environment of Policymaking
- Global Context of Policymaking
- Microeconomics for Policy Analysis
- Open Economy Macroeconomic Analysis
- Economic Cost Benefit Analysis & Intro to Program Evaluation
- Accounting for Public Affairs
- Financial Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration View 666 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution prior to enrolling at SIPA.
- Provide valid GRE or GMAT test scores.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language adequate for study at the masters level. A score of at least 100 on the TOEFL Internet-based exam or 7 on the IELTS exam is required in order for your application to be reviewed.
International26448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13224 USD per semester during 24 months.
National26448 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13224 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.