Students and faculty in the Public Health: Community Health Education programme at California State University Long Beach are representative of the university's diverse population reflecting a wide range of ages, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences. Faculty members are dedicated to teaching, scholarship, and service. Faculty members strive to develop responsible and knowledgeable graduates capable of addressing social and public health problems.
The department maintains a strong commitment to research through individual and collaborative efforts. Additionally, faculty members provide visionary leadership for local, statewide, and national professional organizations, governmental agencies, voluntary, and community based organizations.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Principles of Epidemiology
- The Health Care System
- Administrative Relationships in Health Education Programs
- Advanced Environmental Health
- Theoretical Concepts and Issues in Health Science
- Curriculum Dev in Health Education
- Seminar in Community Analysis and Program Planning
- Advanced Community Health Education
- Seminar in Public Health
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Epidemiology of Infectious Disease
- Advanced Community Health Statistics
- Experimental Design & Regression Analysis
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Public Health View 803 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Copy of official transcript(s) of all work be sent to the university's Office of Enrollment Services
- A bachelor's degree with a major in health education
- An overall undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- A maximum of 9 units of graduate work at the post-baccalaureate level may be credited to a student's program requirements upon departmental acceptance to the graduate program.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A separate personal statement of reasons for pursuing this field of study and comments about interests and experience that are germane to career objectives.
Submission of analytic, quantitative and verbal scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to the University.
At least one year's full-time (or equivalent) paid or volunteer experience in Health Education or a closely related health field. Preference will be given to those with greater experience and ability.
International3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
National3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.