The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Computing) at King's College London emphasises learning through critical reflection on theory, practice and discussion with colleagues. The course covers topics such as how pupils learn, how assessment can improve learning and teaching, how to plan and deliver outstanding lessons.
- Our course, judged Outstanding by Ofsted, is taught by one of the strongest team of computing education tutors in the country.
- You have the opportunity to work with tutors who are actively engaged in research and development in computing education.
- King’s is home to Computing at School (CAS) which is at the forefront of developing computing subject knowledge amongst teachers across the Greater London Area. Trainees benefit from collaboration with CAS staff.
Career prospectsThe majority of trainees go into teaching or other areas of education; many become heads of departments or members of senior management teams; some take up careers in educational administration in the advisory or inspection services.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Studying Policy & Professional Practice
- Focused Pedagogical Studies
- Professional Practice in Education
- School Data
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no specific deadline for applications. Applications will be considered subject to the availability of places.
DisciplinesEducation Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 619 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Bachelor's degree with a minimum 2nd class honours or higher degree (e.g. master's) (or international equivalent) required in computer science, computing, information technology or information systems.
Knowledge and understanding of the subject you intend to teach.Applicants must have experience enabling them to teach computer science theory and practice to GCSE level and information technology to A-level.
GCSE grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) in English language and mathematics.
International19800 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19800 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.