Gerontology is the scientific study of the processes and phenomena of aging. The Gerontology Program's mission is to improve the lives of middle aged and older individuals; provide training, consultation and other services; and conduct research.
The Gerontology Program at California State University Long Beach is enhanced by the Gerontology Faculty Interest Group, the Center for Successful Aging and a chapter of Sigma Phi Omega, The National Academic Honor and Professional Society in Gerontology. Students in the Gerontology Program are eligible for membership in Sigma Phi Omega.
The Center for Successful Aging is part of a complex of centers and organizations on the campus of California State University, Long Beach that are involved with aging-related issues. The Center is a transdisciplinary academic/community partnership to promote collaborative innovations in education, practice, policy development and research.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Health Assessment of the Aging Client
- Internship in Family and Consumer Sciences/Gerontology
- Research Methods
- Introduction to the Professional Practice of Gerontology
- Evaluation in Family and Consumer Sciences and Gerontology
- Seminar in Administration of Family and Consumer Sciences/Gerontology Programs
- Gerontology Directed Project
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine View 803 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the application form to be admitted to the university with graduate standing;
- Three letters of recommendation reflecting academic potential, personal qualifications, sensitivity, and evidence of ability and motivation to work with older adults and professionals in the field of aging,
- A current resumé, including education, employment, and volunteer activities,
- A personal statement of interest in aging and career goals in the field.
Admission to the program is contingent on approval by the Gerontology Program Director.
International3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
National3588 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3588 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.