Students with a B.A. in Anthropology, as well as those who can apply their previous training and experience to the practice of anthropology, are welcome to join the Applied Anthropology program at California State University Long Beach.
In order to meet the growing demand in California and elsewhere for professionals capable of addressing the complex, global problems of multicultural urban and regional environments, the Applied Anthropology Program emphasizes knowledge of anthropological theory and specialized training for its application across a wide range of global contexts.
- All graduate students participate in research projects and internships.
- Within the global context of urban and regional cultural change, the program offers three concentrations: educational anthropology, medical anthropology, and community anthropology.
- Regional emphasis begins with the languages, cultures, and communities of Long Beach, and extends globally.
- We are a member of COPAA (Consortium of Practicing and Applied Anthropology Programs).
- Current Trends in Anthropological Theory
- The Anthropological Perspective
- Practicing Anthropology
- Applied Anthropology
- Ethnography of Communication
- Ethnographic Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology Sociology View 88 other Masters in Archaeology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor's degree in anthropology; or
- A bachelor's degree with 24 units of upper-division courses in anthropology, comparable to those required of anthropology majors at this University; or
- A bachelor's degree in another field, either a social science, humanity, education, or medical science one, with fewer than 24 units of upper-division course work in anthropology, showing evidence of strong potential skills in applied anthropology.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
- If you are not a resident of California you must add $396 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.