The Department offers instruction for students at all levels beyond high school mathematics. Its courses provide the computational and analytic skills needed for a variety of majors, as well as the advanced theoretical topics for specialists in mathematics. Learn more in the Applied Mathematics programme at California State University Long Beach.
- Operations Research Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Wage/Salary Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Corporate Accountant
- Information Scientist
- Securities Analyst
- Efficiency Engineer
- Technical Writer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Analysis
- Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- Advanced Mathematical Modeling
- Finite Element Method
- Matrix Method in Data Analysis and Pattern Recognition
- Applied Nonlinear Ordinary Differential Equations
- Advanced Scientific Computing
- Stochastic Calculus and Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Actuarial Science View 657 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
- A bachelor's degree in mathematics, physics, or engineering, or a bachelor's degree with at least 24 upper division units in mathematics from an accredited college or university.
- A grade of "C" or better in MATH 247, MATH 323, MATH 361A/B, MATH 364A, and 380, or their equivalents. Deficiencies will be determined by the Graduate Advisor.
Students must have fulfilled the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR) and should file for Advancement upon completion of at least six units (and no more than nine units) on the program, with at least a 3.0 GPA.
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
If you are not a resident of California , you must add $396.00 for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.