Educational licensing requirements are met through the Counseling Psychology program at California State University, Bakersfield, which offers:
- A foundation in theories of counseling that build strong relationships with clients and knowledge of effective treatment approaches
- Experiential learning, through which students learn and practice relevant skills and come to trust their own internal experience in work with clients
- An understanding and sensitivity to the effects of diverse individual, familial, and cultural factors
- The tools needed for life-long learning and continued professional development
Licensed counselors can work in the public sector and non-profit settings like county mental health clinics, child guidance clinics, group foster homes, school districts, hospitals and HMOs, juvenile hall, and prison settings.
They can also work in the private sector where they are employed by companies, for-profit agencies, and private practices.
- Human Communication
- Psychopathology/Diagnostic Interviewing
- Adult & Family Development
- Clinical Ethics & Law
- Research Methods in Counseling Psychology
- Psychological Testing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 1324 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university: official transcripts from all college/university work
- Transcripts from a college/university outside of the U.S. will require a course-by course analysis
- Affidavit of financial support
- Insurance agreement form
- A copy of the student’s passport
- A statement of purpose
- Current professional resume
- 3 letters of recommendation from former professors
International13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 24 months.
National13684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13684 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State8932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8932 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.