Your research project you will be supervised by staff members. The research project can be taken in the form of an internship in the research division of a company as well. The Master's degree programme in Applied Mathematics offers two tracks.
- A Master degree in Applied Mathematics from University of Groningen opens up many job opportunities. During the Master's programme you will learn to think in a logical, systematic, and problem-oriented way in a multidisciplinary environment.
- After having finished the programme you will be able to apply mathematics to a technical problem, and hence to work at the interface between theory and practice. These qualities are highly appreciated by employers.
Programme StructureProgramme options:
- Computational Science and Numerical Mathematics
- Systems and Control
- HTSM Honours Master
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 30 other Masters in Mathematics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Make sure to visit 'Language Requirements' for all the necessary information about required language tests and minimum scores.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or Applied/Engineering mathematics with courses in the field of control theory and/or fluid dynamics.
- This is merely an indication of required background knowledge. The Admissions Board determines whether the specific contents of your previous degree programme meet the admission requirements.
International18500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2168 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Groningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.