We offer a master degree in Computer Science at the University of Alaska Fairbanks. In this accelerated master’s program, you’ll gain practical experience both in and beyond the classroom to prepare for advanced employment and increase your earning potential in a high-demand profession.
- You’ll benefit from collaborations with renowned professors and hands-on experiences in a program accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET. Conduct specialized research.
- Access state-of-the-art labs while you gain a high level of technical programming knowledge with C++ language. Become a member of our student design teams and compete nationally in the NASA Lunabotics Competition and the Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer science is the study of data processing, information handling and its application to world problems. Computer scientists write and program software, create applications for mobile devices and develop websites.
- Are you a creative problem solver who is excited by new software processes and has an interest in using sophisticated technology to tackle everything from creating virtual reality computer games to developing new programming language? Then computer science is the career path for you.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Applicants should apply to a graduate degree program at least six to nine months before the beginning of the semester in which they plan to enroll.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 976 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Apply online. Applications must be received before the published deadlines, along with a $75 nonrefundable application fee. Applications submitted after the published deadlines are only accepted upon a department's request and have a $100 nonrefundable application fee.
- Review your department’s department-specific requirements and application deadlines.
- Submit certified official university transcripts and English translations.
- Submit official GRE or GMAT test scores. Not all departments require GRE or GMAT scores if the student has earned a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Submit a resume/curriculum vitae.
- Submit a statement of academic goals.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit official TOEFL or IELTS test results.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification page.
- Complete UAF’s financial statement form and provide supporting documentation showing adequate funding to cover all expenses at UAF.1
International21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
National21762 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21762 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairbanks
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.