Research and thesis opportunities are at present available in the fields of astrophysics and cosmology, atmospheric and ocean optics, complexity, condensed matter physics, elementary particle theory, plasma physics. In addition to the general requirements for graduate degrees, the Physics Department at University of Miami makes the following specific requirements.
Physics is an integral scientific component of the liberal arts environment and contributes to the scholarly activities of the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Miami in a fundamental manner. As a department, our mission is to enhance the goals and ideals of the University by providing an incisive and enriching education for our students, by making lasting contributions at the forefront of human understanding, and by communicating the excitement of scientific discovery to our fellow citizens.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Laboratory
- Mathematical Techniques in Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Plasma Physics
- Classical Mechanics
- Introduction to Astrophysics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics View 388 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Consideration is given to applicants who have a B.S. degree in physics (or related field) with a minimum undergraduate GPA of B.
- The general GRE is required and subject GRE is recommended.
- Applicants from non-English-speaking countries must demonstrate proficiency in English via the TOEFL or IELTS test, even if they have previously taken courses in the US.
- There is not minimum GRE score for admission (although a quantitative score higher than 700 is recommended)
International2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2100 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.