During the Marketing and Consumer Studies program of University of Guelph students will be equipped with advanced theory-based research skills that will prepare you for a career in marketing research, brand management or academia.
You can complete your degree within two years. In the first year, you will complete your course work in small, dynamic classes which allow for collaboration with faculty and your peers. Following your course work, and with the guidance of your advisory committee, you will conduct original research and develop a strong thesis to add to the marketing and consumer behaviour literature.
Areas of Research
- Consumer preferences & decision making
- Consumer well-being & public policy
- Marketing management & strategy inovation adoption
- Advanced research methods
- Real estate & housing
Are you interested in:
- Consumer preferences
- Marketing management
- Innovation adoption
- Real estate & housing
- Continuing on to PhD studies
- Marketing research
- Brand & marketing management
- Advertising & communication
- New product/service design
- Quality management & control
- Applied economics & macro marketing
- Consumption Behaviour Theory
- Research Methods in Marketing and Consumer Studies
- Multivariate Research Methods
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Special Topics in Consumer Research and Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Marketing View 76 other Masters in Economics in Canada
- Applicants must have a 4-year honours undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with a minimum B average in the final two years of study.
- Applicants should have a background in social sciences with a strong interest in research.
- All applicants are required to submit a GRE or GMAT test score with their application.
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.