The MS in Computer Science provides a theoretical and applied understanding of various specialties in the computing field. Students can choose the non-thesis option or thesis option. The former is non-research based while the latter is research focused that prepares students to continue into a Ph.D. program. Either option prepares a student to pursue a career in a variety of job sectors.
University of Houston program places a strong emphasis on specialty to ensure students gain the in-demand skills and knowledge necessary for today’s careers in computing. MS students are required to pursue a track specialization in Core Computer Sciences, Data Analytics, Parallel and Distributed Systems, or Interactive Media.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Machine Learning
- Numerical Analysis
- Theory of Computation
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Fall deadline for international students - 15 January
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 787 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- Names and email addresses of three recommenders (preferably academic)
- Nonrefundable $75 application fee. Application fee cannot be waived.
- Scanned copy of passport
- Letter of financial backing and bank statement—only required for F-1 or J-1 visa; not required for a decision, but an I-20 will not be printed until suitable financial backing is received.
International843 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 843 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National843 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 843 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State334 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 334 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.