The Master of Arts in Global Society from The University of Tokyo works to undo such disciplinary boundaries by combining the resources of the four principal departments that make up the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences at Komaba—the Department of Language and Information Sciences, Interdisciplinary Cultural Studies, Area Studies, and Advanced Social and International Studies—and the Institute for Advanced Global Studies. GSP also works closely with two other cross-departmental programs on campus, the Graduate Program on Human Security (HSP) and the Graduate Program on Global Humanities (GHP), in order to further stimulate scholarly exchange.
Bringing these resources together in one program provides students with access to a wide range of courses and specialists in disciplines ranging from:
- International Relations
- Law and Development
- Political Science
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Social and Cultural Diversity
- Transnational Markets and Civil Society
- Theory of International Interdependence
- Theory of Social and Cultural Diversity
- Comparative Studies of Social and Cultural Diversity
- History of Transnational Markets and Civil Society
- Theory of Normativity in Global Society
- Comparative Studies of the Normative Basis of Civil Society
- Experimental Studies on Global Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations View 8 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Japan
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Certificates of all higher degrees and diplomas
- Official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL Official Score Report or IELTS Test Report Form
- GRE score
- Personal Statement
- Research Proposal
- Three passport-style photos
- One Certificate of Remittance
International4965 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4965 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4965 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4965 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 535,800 yen/year
We strongly recommend that, prior to enrollment, applicants identify and apply for all suitable financial aid or scholarship opportunities available to them.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.