Aimed at junior doctors currently undergoing, or about to undertake, specialty training in an infection discipline, this Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is open to trainees in the UK and worldwide.
This degree will also be attractive to those who have completed their training but wish to fulfill continuing medical education requirements or those who wish obtain a formal qualification in Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
The Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (Online Distance Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is aligned with JRCPTB and RCPath training in infection disciplines: Combined Infection Training and Higher Specialty Training in Infectious Diseases, Medical Microbiology and Medical Virology.
This unique programme will offer the student the knowledge and skills required to enhance their career progression in clinical or academic medicine.
The programme will offer an alternative to traditional classroom based research training for those candidates who do not wish to take time away from their professional commitments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Science and biology of bacteria
- Science and biology of viruses
- Science and biology fungi, parasites and prions
- Laboratory practise in microbiology, virology and serology
- Anti-infective therapy and resistance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
For the PgProfDev, there are several intakes. We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry.
DisciplinesMicrobiology Health Sciences View 466 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a biomedical, medical, public health or relevant bio-science topic.
- We may also consider your application if you have relevant work experience; please contact the programme team to check before you apply. You may be admitted to certificate level only in the first instance.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 36 months.
- MSc, PgDip, PgCert: £5,735
- MSc, PgDip, PgCert, PgProfDev - Intermittent: 10 credits £960 20 credits £1,915 60 credits £5,735
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.