Aimed at junior doctors currently undergoing, or about to undertake, specialty training in an infection discipline, this Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is open to trainees in the UK and worldwide.
This degree will also be attractive to those who have completed their training but wish to fulfill continuing medical education requirements or those who wish obtain a formal qualification in Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
The Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (Online Distance Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh is aligned with JRCPTB and RCPath training in infection disciplines: Combined Infection Training and Higher Specialty Training in Infectious Diseases, Medical Microbiology and Medical Virology.
This unique programme will offer the student the knowledge and skills required to enhance their career progression in clinical or academic medicine.
The programme will offer an alternative to traditional classroom based research training for those candidates who do not wish to take time away from their professional commitments.
- Science and biology of bacteria
- Science and biology of viruses
- Science and biology fungi, parasites and prions
- Laboratory practise in microbiology, virology and serology
- Anti-infective therapy and resistance
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We encourage you to apply at least one month prior to entry so that we have enough time to process your application.
- MSc - 180
- PgDip - 120
- PgCert - 60
- PgProfDev - 50
DisciplinesMicrobiology Health Sciences View 467 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Edinburgh and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in a biomedical, medical, public health or relevant bio-science topic.
- We may also consider your application if you have relevant work experience; please contact the programme team to check before you apply. You may be admitted to certificate level only in the first instance.
International5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 36 months.
National5735 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5735 GBP per year during 36 months.
- MSc, PgDip, PgCert: £5,735
- MSc, PgDip, PgCert, PgProfDev - Intermittent: 10 credits £960 20 credits £1,915 60 credits £5,735
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.