Physician Assistants are nationally certified medical professionals who practice on health care teams. PAs are state-licensed to provide patient care and can prescribe medications in all 50 states. At Rutgers Unversity, our Physician Assistant Program builds a strong educational foundation in sciences, including anatomy, physiology, microbiology, genetics, and pathology, in preparation for immersion into hands-on clinical experiences.
- The PA program in consistently named as a Top Graduate Program by US News & World Report, ranking 16 out of 154 schools nationwide in the most recent survey in 2015, and 7 out of 73 PA Programs in the Journal of Physician Assistant Education in 2010.
- 98% first-time pass rate on the PA National Certifying Examination (PANCE) from 2013-2017, with class performance above the mean in all areas
- Innovative curriculum delivers small group learning, simulation, medical Spanish option, and international rotation option
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intro to Sectional Abdominal Sonography for Physician Assistants
- Integrated Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Pathology
- Gastroenterology and Urology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Physiotherapy Genetics View 383 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to the program is extremely competitive with over 1,400 applications for the class of 50. The admissions committee thoroughly reviews each application and only the most competitive applicants are invited for an interview.
When initially screening applications, the committee looks for evidence of the following:
- ability to handle a rigorous science courseload as demonstrated by the applicant's previous coursework and GPA
- prior healthcare experience
- familiarity with the PA profession as evidenced by exposure to PAs through programs such as PA shadowing
- a commitment to community service
International10090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1009 USD per credit during 36 months.
National10090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1009 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Camden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.