The core requirements for the Subsurface Geoscience program at Rice University are strong courses in geophysical exploration methods, management and policy courses, communication skills, and include an industrial internship or work experience. Students select a group of elective courses from a focus area (see below), or from a variety of other courses related to their interest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar: quantitative petroleum systems analysis
- 3D seismic reflection data interpretation
- Modern exploration technology
- Unconventional energy exploration
- Interpretation of regional 2-D seismic data
- Geological techniques
- Carbonate depositional systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeology View 221 other Masters in Geology in United States
- GPA Requirement 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL scores if the applicant's native language is not English (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper test or 90 or higher on the iBT version is required for admission to Rice), or IELTS score in lieu of TOEFL (an IELTS score of 7 or greater is required) and;
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors;
- Unofficial transcripts of grades from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- General GRE scores (use the code 6609 for Rice; do not worry about a department code)
International50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
National50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.