The core requirements for the degree are strong technical courses, management and policy courses, with communication skills training, and include an industrial internship or work experience.
- Students in the Subsurface Geoscience program from Rice University select a group of elective courses from a focus area (see below), or from a variety of other courses related to their interest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Energy Data Management focus area prepares students to understand exploration and production as a data-driven business, to become data enabled geoscientists to match demands in the energy industry.
- The Geology focus area prepares students with strong skills in using seismic and other geophysical methods along with geological principles to find oil and natural gas, including topics addressing the ongoing energy industry transition
- The Geophysics focus area prepares students to become technical experts in aspects of seismology, including topics addressing the ongoing energy industry transition.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 239 other Masters in Geology in United States
- Completed application (apply on-line by clicking this link) No application fee is required
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE Scores are recommended but NOT required
- English Proficiency Scores
International38250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38250 USD per year during 12 months.
National38250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38250 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.