Is your future in financial management, government finance, insurance or real estate? Do you aspire to be CFO or CEO, and manage your business to success? Are you ready to manage money for personal investors or large institutions? Do you have the aptitude and fortitude to succeed in high-stakes equity and venture capital? We offer a master degree in Finance at the University at Buffalo.
Customize your MBA finance interest and increase your marketability by choosing a secondary concentration like analytics or management consulting. Pair finance with your engineering, law or health care dual degree to be better equipped in the business side of your industry.
- Learn the principles of investment decision-making, valuation and trading, and immediately put them into action
- Explore where finance meets law in electives like financial policy and strategy, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions
- Acquire competencies in risk diversification and portfolio theory, and programming complex models for decision-making
- Prepare for a quantitative finance career with electives in equity, bond and derivative markets in a curriculum built on advanced mathematics, finance and statistics
- Gain a comprehensive view of global economics and international finance for a career that can cross borders
- Investment Management
- Fin Statement Analysis
- Global Economics
- Corporate Governance & Finance
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Financial Derivatives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 1516 other Masters in Master in Business Administration (MBA) in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University at Buffalo and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or the equivalent from an accredited/government recognized college or university. Most such degrees will be four or more years in length; UB recognizes some three-year degrees, but not all.
- A B-grade (GPA of 3.0) or higher from your bachelor's degree (or equivalent) courses. Grade point averages from non-U.S. universities will be evaluated by UB's Office of International Admissions.
- Appropriate standardized test scores (DAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MAT, MCAT, PCAT, etc.). Not all programs require test scores. See the official academic test scores section below for more information.
- Letters of recommendation.
- An internship or relevant work experience (for some programs).
International46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
National46200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23100 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State22620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11310 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Buffalo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.