An M.S. in Computer Science at Rice University is normally completed as a part of the process of earning a Ph.D. Applicants interested in pursuing a computer science Ph.D. should apply directly to the Ph.D. program if they have either a baccalaureate degree or a master's degree.
Thesis track students work directly with one or more faculty members who serve as research directors and mentors. Both the M.S. and the Ph.D. degrees require a combination of coursework and original research, as evidenced in a written thesis and a public oral defense of that thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Compiler construction for graduate students
- Principles of programming languages
- Advanced compiler construction
- Advanced compilation for vector parallel processors
- Approximate computing system for big data, supercomputing and embedded systems
- Computer-aided program design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering View 406 other Masters in Software Engineering in United States
- GPA Requirement 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL scores if the applicant's native language is not English (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper test or 90 or higher on the iBT version is required for admission to Rice), or IELTS score in lieu of TOEFL (an IELTS score of 7 or greater is required) and;
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors;
- Unofficial transcripts of grades from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- All applicants must submit scores for the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) general exam.
International50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
National50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.