The Computational Science and Engineering program at Rice University is designed to provide training and expertise in modern and computational techniques with real-world applications in a wide range of industries. The M.C.S.E. graduate degree prepares students interested in technical and managerial positions such as computational scientist, computational engineer and big data analyst, as well as those looking to specialize in high-performance computing and software development techniques and scientific data analysis and visualization.
Students in the M.C.S.E. program select on of the four departments (Computational and Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Electrical and Computing Engineering, and Statistics) as their home department/area of specialization. M.C.S.E. students take a core of courses from all four departments, but are expected to focus their course electives on courses in their home department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Science
- Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- Introduction to Linear and Integer Programming
- Numerical Optimization
- Principles of Parallel Programming
- Software Engineering Methodology
- Introduction to Parallel Computing
- Intro to probability and mathematical statistics
- Probability & Statistics for Civil & Environmental Engineers
- Applied Probability
- Introduction to Regression and Statistical Computing
- Multivariate Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 813 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
- GPA Requirement 3.0 or higher
- TOEFL scores if the applicant's native language is not English (a TOEFL score of 600 or higher on the paper test or 90 or higher on the iBT version is required for admission to Rice), or IELTS score in lieu of TOEFL (an IELTS score of 7 or greater is required) and;
- At least three letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors;
- Unofficial transcripts of grades from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
International51500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51500 USD per year during 12 months.
National51500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 51500 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.