Upon completing the requirements for the Teaching degree at Rice University, students will be able to:
- Create environments where students discover and construct meaning from content (using classroom students' unique perceptions, thoughts, and feelings).
- Facilitate teaching strategies for diverse learners.
- Assess students’ progress and content mastery to guide instruction.
- Guide instruction that incorporates digital learning and education technologies.
- Demonstrate instructional and organizational leadership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English Language Arts and Reading
- Eligible to teach the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Science, Environmental, Astronomy
- Social Studies
- Educational psychology
- Teaching and learning with inquiry
- Curriculum development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1475 other Masters in Teaching in United States
In support of the application, candidates must have an undergraduate degree and submit:
- official transcripts of previous university studies which reflect a minimum of 21 hours of content area courses in your selected teaching field
- four letters of reference accompanied by the forms provided in the application packet (minimum of two references must be academic)
- overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- minimum 2.5 GPA in content area
- 24 credit hours in content area, or
- minimum 12 credit hours in content area (15 for math and science) and Pre-Admission Content Test (PACT)
- Graduate Record Examination score (no more than 5 years old, scores must be at or above the 70th percentile)
- passing scores on (or documented exemption from) the THEA test
- $85.00 application fee
- Interview – In addition to the above mentioned criteria, applicants will be required to participate in an interview conducted by members of the program faculty and staff.
International50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
National50310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50310 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.