Our Master of Public Administration program at University of Kansas employs a unique combination of theoretically grounded coursework and practical application. It is recognized with multiple top rankings by U.S. News and World Report, including a long-standing #1 ranking in local government management.
Broadly speaking, our MPA program is designed to enable students to explore diverse problems in a diverse world. It focuses on building students' skills and knowledge in:
- human resource management
- stakeholder engagement
- effective public service delivery
- budgeting and resource allocation
- policy design, implementation, and analysis
- PUAD 824 Creating Good Public Policy
- Managing Public Money
- Data Driven Decision-Making
- Context, Ethics and Legal Environment of Public Administration
- Managing Public Organizations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Administration View 690 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. A GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) is required for admission. However, applicants with a GPA below 3.0 can be considered for provisional admission if academic deficiencies are addressed in the personal statement.
- Official transcript
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- English Proficiency Requirements
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Writing Sample
- City Management Fellowship essay (if applicable)
- Personal Statement
- Current Resume
International23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 12 months.
National23951 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23951 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9989 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9989 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lawrence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.