The 30-credit MEd program for Adult and Continuing Education from Rutgers University is designed to develop conceptual and practical understanding of the adult learner, how to plan classes and programs that are best suited to meet the needs of adult learners, and how to create learning contexts that can encourage sustained learning and productive change in a variety of context in which adults learn.
- know the historical, philosophical, theoretical, and social roots of the field of adult education
- understand the learning needs and characteristics of diverse adult learners
- be able to plan, design, implement, and evaluate learning opportunities that are appropriate for adult learners in a variety of contexts
- have the leadership skills to build and sustain a learning organization and guide organizational change efforts
- understand how to use data to inform planning and change initiatives
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Adult and Continuing Education
- Learning and Teaching for Adults in Global Contexts
- Organizational Leadership and Change Management
- Designing Training for Adults
- Understanding the Adult Learner
- Creating and Sustaining a Learning Organization
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAdult Education View 118 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
- Students must submit a personal statement outlining their goals related to obtaining an Ed.M. in Adult and Continuing Education, undergraduate transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation, and a program application. Students with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 must submit evidence of the potential to successfully complete the program (e.g,. GRE scores).
- Applications for the online program can be completed online at the Rutgers Online website.
International30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
National30144 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15072 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
In-State17736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8868 USD per semester and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.