The 30-credit program is designed to develop conceptual and practical understanding of the adult learner, how to plan classes and programs that are best suited to meet the needs of adult learners, and how to create learning contexts that can encourage sustained learning and productive change in a variety of context in which adults learn.
Graduates of the Adult and Continuing Education program of Rutgers University will have a conceptual and practical understanding of how to design, implement, and evaluate courses and programs that appropriately meet the needs of diverse adult learners in a range of learning and organizational contexts. Additionally, graduates will learn how to be effective learning facilitators and change agents who can build and sustain a learning organization and lead change efforts informed by organizational and learner data.
- know the historical, philosophical, theoretical, and social roots of the field of adult education
- understand the learning needs and characteristics of diverse adult learners
- be able to plan, design, implement, and evaluate learning opportunities that are appropriate for adult learners in a variety of contexts
- have the leadership skills to build and sustain a learning organization and guide organizational change efforts
- understand how to use data to inform planning and change initiatives
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding the Adult Learner
- Learning and Teaching for Adults in Global Contexts
- Organizational Leadership and Change Management
- Creating and Sustaining a Learning Organization
- Designing Training for Adults
- Applied Research in Adult Education: Planning, Assessing, and Evaluating Programs for Adults
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 3783 other Masters in Education in United States
- Personal statement outlining your goals related to obtaining an Ed.M. in Adult and Continuing Education.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Official undergraduate transcripts.
- Students with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 must submit evidence of the potential to successfully complete the program (e.g., GRE scores).
- Resume (preferred)
International30900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15450 USD per semester during 60 months.
National30900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15450 USD per semester during 60 months.
In-State18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9090 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.