Join an established course which has been serving students for over a decade. Our team of dedicated academic staff are leaders in their field. They publish definitive textbooks with Cambridge University Press and Springer, introducing stochastic processes and mathematical finance to crucial modern concerns such as credit risk.
If you'd like to study this course but feel the need to revise and consolidate your mathematics background before starting, we offer an online pre-sessional course: Mathematical Foundations of Quantitative Finance.
Careers and skills
Upon successful completion of this course, you can embark on careers in trading and pricing derivative financial securities (options, futures, forwards, and the like), fund management, risk management, research and development, or pursue further study to PhD level.
The graduates go on to work in:
- investment banks
- hedge funds
- insurance companies
- stock brokerage
- unit trusts
- pension funds
- corporate finance departments
- other financial institutions worldwide
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Methods of Finance
- Discrete Time Modelling and Derivative Securities
- Stochastic Calculus and Black-Scholes Theory
- Modelling of Bonds, Term Structure, and Interest Rate Derivatives
- Portfolio Theory and Risk Management
- C++ Programming with Applications in Finance
- Computational Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Actuarial Science View 866 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 or equivalent in Mathematics or a related subject including certain science degrees. In certain cases we may also consider a 2:2, which would usually come with the condition that you complete the online pre-sessional course in Mathematical Foundations of Quantitative Finance with a final grade of at least 60%.
- If your undergraduate degree is in business, finance or economics with sufficiently strong mathematics background (equivalent to at least two years of university level mathematics courses), then we encourage you to apply also. We welcome students with recent degrees as well as those with work experience in related disciplines and professions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25240 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25240 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12660 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12660 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.