The TESOL, Literacy and Culture program at University of San Diego strives to prepare reflective practitioners who can successfully engage with adult students from diverse cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic backgrounds to ensure their academic success.
- The 30-unit, 2-year MEd program
- Available as a 100% online track or a 100% in-person track.
- Graduates earn both an MEd and a TESOL certificate.
- Certificate requirements are met within the first year of the degree program.
Throughout your program, you will focus on culture, linguistics, second language acquisition methods, and the methodology of teaching English. You will also build an understanding of the complexities of working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities within the US and around the world.
Our TESOL Graduates emerge prepared to work in settings like community colleges, universities, adult education centers, language academies, and international schools. With over 150 hours of observation, teaching experiences, research practice, you will carry your classroom experience into the real world.
- Research Design Methodology
- Cognition and Learning
- Human Development
- Language, Literacy and Culture
- Nature of Language and Linguistic
- Second Language Acquisition and Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching English Literacy Education View 197 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
- The University of San Diego Graduate School Admission Application and $45 application fee
- Statement of Purpose
- Recommenders’ Contact Information
- An official transcript from the university where you earned your bachelor’s degree is required at the time of application
- Students who earned their bachelor’s degree from an institution outside the United States must submit a course-by-course degree evaluation at the time of application
- A minimum of two professional letters of recommendation
- Current resumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose of maximum of 1000 words (500 words per question)
- An official score report for the TOEFL or IELTS is required of all international applicants
- The minimum cumulative grade point average is 2.75 (on a 4.00 scale) in all undergraduate and graduate coursework
International22635 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1509 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22635 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1509 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.