In this TESOL, Literacy and Culture program at University of San Diego, you will focus on culture, linguistics, second language acquisition methods and the methodology of teaching English. You will also build an understanding of the complexities in working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities within the US and around the world.
Graduates emerge prepared to work in settings like community colleges, universities, adult education centers, language academies, and international schools. With over 150 hours of observation, teaching experiences, research practice, you will carry your classroom experience into the real world.
More Than Just a Degree
The goal of the USD Master’s TESOL program is to develop thoughtful practitioners, researchers, and leaders in the field who are equipped with a strong theoretical knowledge and pedagogical knowledge to work with students from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds both within the United States and abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language, Literacy and Culture
- Introduction to Language & Linguistic Analysis
- Second Language Acquisition & Development
- Cognition and Learning
- Methods of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Research Design and Methodology
- Special Topics in ESL
- Practicum in TESOL
- Master's Capstone Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Linguistics View 516 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current Resume — You will submit a resume detailing your employment and/or educational experience.
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose and/or Essays — Personal statement(s) vary depending on the program you are applying to. Please check the prompt in your application.
- Letters of Recommendation — Your letters should be from professors familiar with your scholarly work, or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information about your potential for success as a graduate student.
International1509 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1509 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1509 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1509 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.