Gain experience and skills you need for a career in research and health service decision-making.
As a graduate of this degree, you'll be ready to make a tangible impact in this developing field.
Careers and skills
This Health Economics programme from University of York is ideal for people who want to work in research and health service decision-making. Potential employers will value the experience you'll gain on your summer placement. The MSc is also an ideal basis for progression to a PhD.
You'll gain skills which will allow you to work in a variety of organisations. Previous graduates have gone on to work in:
- Government departments
- Research units
- National health services
- Health care organisations
- The pharmaceutical industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evaluation of Health Care
- Health Economics
- Clinical Decision Analysis
- Applied Microeconometrics
- Statistics and Econometrics
- Econometric Methods for Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesEconomics Health Sciences View 1968 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 or equivalent in Economics or a related discipline. You may also be considered if your degree is in related to Medicine, Pharmacy, or Nursing.
Other qualifications and experience
- If you have been out of study for a while, or do not have a strong background in economics or mathematics and statistics but have other relevant qualifications or experience, you may be required to take the Summer Session in Economics and Quantitative Methods as a condition of your offer. Alternatively, the Session can also be taken as a stand-alone course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8440 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.