Managing human resources is a key area of business and management. Globalisation and the changing economic, demographic, and political landscape means that what constitutes effective HRM and how it may best be practiced is constantly evolving and increasingly requires an international orientation. The University of Edinburgh Business School’s MSc in International HRM is at the forefront of research-led, practically and theoretically-informed management education.
The MSc in International Human Resource Management from The University of Edinburgh combines the latest theory and research with the development of practical skills and opportunities for the application of knowledge to real-life, international HR issues.
The aim of the MSc in International Human Resource Management is to give you the knowledge, understanding and skills required by HR professionals operating within global organisations.
The programme provides courses that will enable the professional development of future international HR managers. These courses combine theoretical and research-based insights with practical skills and provide opportunities for the application of this knowledge to real-life HR issues.
A strong academic base, enthusiastic faculty and international cohort will ensure a rewarding student experience in our city-centre campus. The School has widespread industry links and students will have exposure to a range of first class guest speakers.
Students who follow this programme will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of key terms, theories/concepts and practices within the field of HRM.
- Obtain, through elective courses, an in-depth knowledge of specific HRM-related theories, skills and practices.
- Appreciate the implications of increasing globalisation for the management of human resources, with particular reference to HRM in multinational corporations.
- Develop an ability to undertake qualitative and quantitative research and apply this knowledge in the context of an independently constructed work (i.e. dissertation).
- To be able to identify and appreciate the significance of ethical issues in HR practices and the management of people in the workplace.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning will primarily be through lectures, set reading, class discussions, exercises, group-work assignments, problem solving in tutorials and case studies.
- Assessment methods include examinations, assignments, presentations or continuous assessment.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- There are five application rounds.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Human Resource Management View 248 other Masters in Human Resource Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You will need a UK first-class or 2:1 honours degree in one of the subjects below, or an equivalent overseas qualification.
- Candidates must demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in Human Resource Management.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23950 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14600 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Business School scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.