Our 12 full-time faculty members are dedicated teachers and active researchers in these fields and are keen to share their passion for economics with their students. This master degree in Economics is available at the Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Although building on strong theoretical foundations, the focus of the MA program is applied economics. The course route, which can be completed in one year, involves two semesters of courses and a research essay. The thesis option involves courses and a dissertation and can be completed in two years.
What is economics?
- Economics is a versatile field that deals with analysis and management of production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.
- Our Department of Economics offer applied economics courses in a wide variety of areas, including fishery, petroleum and mining, forestry, environmental, development, international, monetary, public sector, welfare, labor and health economics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Micro Theory
- Advanced Macro Theory
- Cost Benefit Analysis
- Topics in Resource Economics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
- National: $826-$1,707/semester
- International: $1,074-$2,218/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.