Our Economics MA program at University of Waterloo will provide you with relevant analytical and problem-solving skills through coursework, research and practice.
- Our MA Co-op program will allow you to supplement your academic education with an eight-month work term and on-the-job learning. The work term serves as a stepping-stone to a career for many of our students.
- As a Waterloo graduate student, there are a wealth of resources and opportunities available to you that support your academic, personal and social life.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced microeconomics
- Advanced macroeconomics
- Advanced econometrics
- Mathematical economics
- An Honours bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with a 75% average.
- Students must have strong preparation in economics and in the mathematical tools.
- A GRE score is not required but is recommended for all international students applying to the program.
- Two academic references.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5).
International15392 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7696 AUD per semester during 24 months.
National4508 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.