With small class sizes and a close-knit learning environment, students in the Geophysics and Geophysical Engineering program of Colorado School of Mines gain an interdisciplinary education in subjects such as geological, mathematical and physical theory, in addition to exploring theoretical and practical aspects of various geophysical methodologies.
- Geophysical field service engineer
- Interpretation geophysicist
- Processing geophysicist
- Environmental consultant
- Seismic exploration
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Geophysics
- Geophysical Computing
- Inversion Theory
- Geophysical Data Integration & Geostatistics
- Earthquake Seismology
- Applications of Satellite Remote Sensing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 1209 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- All admitted graduate students must submit GRE scores prior to receiving an admissions decision. Mines accepts GRE scores from tests taken within five years of the date of entry. The average applicant GRE score is 162 quantitative, 153 verbal and 4.0 analytical
- For international applicants or applicants whose native language is not English, a TOEFL score of 79 or higher (or 550 for the paper-based test, 213 for the computer-based test) is required. In lieu of a TOEFL score, an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher will be accepted
- Statement of purpose and updated curriculum vitae or resume
- Applicants must submit a minimum of three letters of recommendation and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees
International37350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37350 USD per year during 12 months.
National37350 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37350 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State16650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16650 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Golden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.