Students enrolled in the Finance program at the Australian National University examine fundamental principles in finance which are applicable to: valuing financial securities and corporations; utilising derivatives for risk management purposes; and, exploring diversification methods to create investment portfolios.
You will be challenged to solve financial problems and will develop a keen analytical mind which is essential when working in the fast paced world of finance.
As a Master of Finance graduate from the Australian National University you will be highly sought-after by employers both in Australia and around the word.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of corporate finance, securities trading, investments, portfolio construction, derivative pricing and risk management.
- Recognise, understand and apply finance theory to company valuation.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of current issues in finance which is informed by leading edge research and practices in the field.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct financial research, acquiring and analysing financial information.
- Work independently and collaboratively to collect, process, interpret and communicate the outcomes of financial problems.
ANU ranks among the world's very finest universities. Our nearly 100,000 alumni include political, business, government, and academic leaders around the world.
We have graduated remarkable people from every part of our continent, our region and all walks of life.
- Financial Statements and Reporting
- Applied Foundations of Finance
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Applied Investments
- Topics in International Finance
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Human Resource Management View 148 other Masters in Finance in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent with a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0
- Or an ANU Graduate Certificate of Finance and Actuarial Statistics (Finance Specialisation) with a minimum GPA of 4.5/7.0
International45360 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45360 AUD per year during 24 months.
National35430 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35430 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.