The program’s goal is to close the gap between engineering and medicine. Our Medical Engineering research and education leverage Caltech's strengths in engineering, applied science, and other fundamental fields, to apply emerging technological advances to medicine, and to create innovative diagnostic, monitoring, and therapeutic systems.
The Cherng Department of Medical Engineering offers the degree of Doctor of Philosophy but does not accept students for Master-only program. A master’s degree may be awarded to a student along the way toward a PhD degree. The Option requirements for the MS degree are the same as those for the PhD degree except that the MS degree does not require research units, qualifying exam, candidacy exam, and thesis defense. In general, the degree is not conferred before the end of the first year of residence.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Undergraduate Research in Medical Engineering
- Medical Engineering Seminar
- Design for Freedom from Disability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 297 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
To successfully complete the online application process, you must:
- Create a free account with CollegeNET to submit the application form online. Include payment of the application fee or submit a fee waiver request.
- Upload a Statement of Purpose.
- Request GRE, TOEFL, and/or IELTS test scores to be sent directly to the California Institute of Technology (Institutional Code 4034).
- Upload an official electronic copy of your transcripts or online grade reports issued by your college or university.
- Register three individuals from whom you will request letters of recommendation.
- Upload a CV or Resume
International52506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52506 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National52506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52506 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State52506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52506 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.