In this Master of Food Science and Technology offered at the University of Queensland you will gain a comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge within fields of food science and food technology, and you will have the opportunity to apply these in either a research project or an industry placement (subject to availability).
Graduates will be able to apply leadership, research and problem-solving skills to meet the global challenges associated with feeding the world, by contributing to the provision of high quality, safe and nutritionally valuable food and food products, as well as having an understanding of the global policy dialogue on food and food products.
Further study options
Graduates of the Master of Food Science and Technology have the opportunity to progress into the following programs:
- Doctor of Philosophy
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Agricultural Research Methodologies
- Advanced Food Materials Science
- Food Sensory & Physical Assessment
- Food Bioprocessing
- Food Product and Process Designs
- Food Processing Technology
- Advanced Functional Foods
- Food Microbiology and Biotechnology
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Food Sciences Plant & Crop Sciences View 10 other Masters in Food Sciences in Australia
CRICOS code: 079384D
- Bachelor degree in a food science, food technology or food engineering field, or an approved discipline.
- UQ or equivalent GPA of 5 or above on a 7 point scale.
International42032 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 42032 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National30160 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 30160 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.