The Brunel University London's Intellectual Property Postgraduate Certificate alumni have the option to upgrade to an LLM in Intellectual Property should they choose to re-enrol as returning students within the first five years after their graduation from Brunel.You will get a comprehensive overview of the theoretical, practical and management aspects of intellectual property, at both national and international levels, with a solid grounding in:
- the basic rules and principles of Intellectual Property Law as well as the nature and scope of these rights
- the procedures for the granting and recognition of these rights
- the mechanisms for the enforcement of these rights
- patents, copyrights, trademarks and contract resolution
The course is suitable for law graduates and those with backgrounds in the sciences, technology, engineering and business. Non-graduates currently working in the area of intellectual property are also considered. No prior legal knowledge is required, as you will be introduced to the essential legal principles throughout the course.
Careers and your future
You will leave Brunel with a firm grounding in Intellectual Property Law. After you graduate you will be well equipped to get into the specialist area of Intellectual Property as a practitioner or adviser at national or international level or as a lawyer, patent or trademark attorney, IP portfolio manager, IP examiner, or IP paralegal
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Copyright, Design and Allied Rights
- Patent Law and Practice
- Trade Marks and Allied Rights
- Managing Intellectual Property
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law International Law View 41 other Masters in Patent & Intellectual Property Law in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Law, Sciences, Engineering, Technology and Humanities (i.e. Psychology; Sociology).
- Other related disciplines and qualifications, in conjunction with patents and intellectual property work experience, will be considered on an individual basis, and applicants may be required to attend an interview.
International5785 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5785 GBP per year and a duration of 8 months.
EU/EEA3480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3480 GBP per year and a duration of 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.