Develop your innovation and analytical skills to become an effective manager with an engineering firm.
All new technologies, products and services require careful management to take them from the concept stage to commercial success. This Engineering Management course from University of York will enable you to operate within a strategically important part of professional engineering, irrespective of the technical area.
Careers and skills
You'll leave equipped to follow one of three broad career paths: working in industry as a first or second line engineering manager; starting your own technology or engineering based company; or progressing into a research focussed career. Some of our previous students have also progressed into consulting-related careers.
A number of our Engineering Management alumni are now in senior positions in companies around the world.
- Aditya Birla Group
- China Mobile
- Century 3 Inc (USA)
- Lendlease (China)
- ABB Engineering (Shanghai) Ltd
- Garmin International Inc (USA)
- India Builders (Chennai) Ltd
- British American Tobacco (Netherlands)
- Nvidia Graphics (India)
- Fly Firefly (Malaysia)
- Kier Group
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Nissan Motors
- Shanghai Wyeth Nutritional Co Ltd
- Vanderlande (Netherlands)
- ZF Group, Enmovil Solutions (India)
Accredited by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) under licence from the UK regulator, the Engineering Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Law for Engineering Management
- Strategic Management for EM
- Management and Marketing of Technology
- MSc Personal Effectiveness and Masterclasses
- International Business
- Accounting and Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications can be submitted year-round, but we recommend you apply as early as possible as entry to many courses is competitive.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 1911 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 2:1 or equivalent in a subject with a significant electronics, computing, engineering, mathematics or physics content. Applications are also welcomed from candidates with a 2:2 or equivalent and at least two years' relevant work experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9730 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9730 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.