Benedictine's public health degree program helps you gain the skills you need through courses that focus on the most important emerging trends in health care such as the effects of genetics, personal choice and the environment on health. The program also provides an excellent educational background for those interested in pursuing further study at the doctoral level.
Coursework in the online Public Health program at Benedictine University will prepare you to help improve lives and protect the health of individuals through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles and research on disease and injury prevention.
The Benedictine online Master's in Public Health degree is designed to cover core areas in the field and provide a scientific and practical base for public health practice:
- Health services management
- Health policy
- Environmental health
- Behavioral and social aspects of public health
- Biological aspects of public health
In addition to these core subjects, coursework may also cover fields such as urban planning, policy, advocacy, community organizing, social work and social sustainability.Job titles of current students and graduates include:
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Health Educator
- Lab Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Quality Control Specialist
- Research Assistant
- Respiratory Therapist
Your online MPH is a generalist degree you may apply to a wide range of population-based health concerns. As a health care professional, you will be on the front lines of the fight to limit health disparities and support efforts to achieve health care equity, quality and accessibility. Add to your expertise with a certificate in one of the following areas:
- Health Management and Policy
- Emergency Preparedness
- Health Education and Promotion
If you choose not to pursue a certificate in conjunction with your master's degree, you can opt to take 12 credit hours of electives among the certificate programs.
*Dual MPH/MBA program also available.Why Choose the Online Master of Public Health Degree at Benedictine?
- By earning your Master of Public Health online at Benedictine, you will receive all the benefits that Benedictine offers with its rich history spanning more than 125 years of academic excellence.
- Accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Join an established program that is the second largest of its kind in Illinois
- Complete your coursework according to your own schedule with our fully online, interactive format
- Earn the same respected degree as students in the traditional, on-campus MPH program
- Get help from a full-time advisor when you need it
- Student Satisfaction is our #1 priority. Our Spring 2014 survey of online MPH alumni shows that:
Benedictine's online Masters in Public Health (MPH) degree program, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), provides you with the essential tools to lead organizations, agencies and companies that deal with the vital issue of public health, such as improving access to health care and controlling infectious disease.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Health Systems
- Health Policy
- Public Health Ethics
- Behavioral and Social Aspects of Public Health
- Environmental Health
- Methods of Research in Public Health
- Cultural Context of Health
- Biological Aspects of Public Health
- Management of Health Services Organizations
- Community Health Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health View 236 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All documents submitted become property of Benedictine University and may not be returned.
- Students transferring an I-20 should read the I-20 Transfer Policy in the Benedictine University Academic Catalog. Please note important requirements regarding course enrollment dates, full-time enrollment and vacation term eligibility.
- Students who are not able to obtain official academic documents due to extenuating circumstances such as conflict or natural disaster may be eligible for an Official Transcript Waiver. Please see the Benedictine University Academic Catalog for more information.
- International students studying on an F visa and are not enrolling in language training must demonstrate English Proficiency per the requirements of SEVP.
International700 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 700 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National700 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 700 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Benedictine University is proud to announce the Student Success Award, an honor that recognizes the hard work and commitment of adult learners. New students starting in select online degree programs are eligible for a tuition award from $4,000 to $10,000 for a limited time.
The Student Success Award is designed to reward hard working students for their commitment to advanced learning. Offering the award near the end of the program emphasizes our goal of supporting each student along the journey from admission to graduation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.