The user experience designer engages in a variety of design activities that help produce usable interfaces and help organizations meet business goals. User experience design addresses the structural, informational, psychological and emotional aspects of what makes a successful user interface, whether it is Web, mobile, tablet or any other device.
At Kent State University, user experience design is thought of as a process where students learn, understand, imagine, evaluate and inform. The design team begins by gathering data/information about users, clients, the organizational culture, common tasks and work environments. After sufficient data/information is gathered, the team seeks to understand the context in which the project will be undertaken. This phase is the bridge between data collection and design. Design in the imagine phase involves brainstorming, iterative prototyping and critiquing.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the User Experience Design program will be able to:
- Create a portfolio as a means to demonstrate competencies.
- Design and conduct research in a variety of ways necessary to understand users, stakeholders and competitors.
- Apply user experience research and design techniques to solve for user needs.
- Create and evaluate structures to support information and content organization.
- Test and critique existing designs and prototypes by employing usability-testing methods.
- Communicate design ideas in a variety of ways to design teams, stakeholders and developers.
- Demonstrate ability to manage user experience activities to align UX activities to organizational goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- User Experience Design Principles And Concepts
- User Experience Design In Practice
- Information Architecture
- Principles Of Interaction
- Researching The User Experience
- Content Strategy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Deadline- At least one month before the start of the semester of first coursework.
DisciplinesUser Experience Design View 4 other Masters in User Experience Design in United States
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions).
International21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21952 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21952 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State11766 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11766 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.