In this Magnetic Resonance Technology program offered at the University of Queensland students are trained in new techniques which are not yet part of standard clinical practice.
Students will be in a position to embark on projects that make innovative use of magnetic resonance; to assess the impact of such innovation on the clinical utility of the modality; and to assess the needs of a radiography practice, and the ability of equipment from various manufacturers to meet these needs.
The Technology offered at the University of Queensland program consists of core courses, electives and a research component.
For students studying via flexible delivery, access to a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanner is required for the research component of this program.
Graduates may be eligible for membership with the following professional bodies:
- Australian Institute of Radiographers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Managing Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Fast Imaging Techniques
- Vascular Imaging
- Diffusion & Perfusion Imaging
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- MagneticResonance Spectroscopy & Applications
- Minor Project
- Fundamental MRI of the Brain & Spine
- Fundamental Musculoskeletal MRI
- Cardiac MRI - Techniques and Applications
- Breast MRI
- Medical Image Processing and Analysis
- Advanced Techniques in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Clinical Practice
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Management View 148 other Masters in Human Medicine in Australia
CRICOS code: 034047D
- Bachelor degree in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, medical imaging, medical radiation, radiography, allied health, biomedical engineering, engineering, computer science, or an approved discipline; or
- Graduate Certificate or Certificate Diploma in Magnetic Resonance Technology.
- Applications on the basis of post-secondary study and two years work experience in a related field will be individually assessed.
- UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale
International41040 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41040 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National28640 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28640 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.