You'll learn how to manage and manipulate data, create data visualizations, and make strategic data-driven recommendations to influence business outcomes.
Build your skills in a career-focused graduate data analytics program that includes the foundations and application of data mining, predictive modeling, and visual analytics using large data sets, and more. Learn more in the Data Analytics programme at University of Maryland University College.
Through your coursework, you will learn how to:
- Evaluate a business problem or opportunity to determine the extent to which data analytics can provide a viable solution and translate the business problem to a data analytics project
- Manage data analytics projects to ensure delivery of a successful data analytics initiative throughout its life cycle
- Create a data mining application specific to an individual domain or area (for example, finance; cybersecurity; biological, medical, or scientific applications; or retail)
- Apply statistical and machine learning techniques for data analysis and interpret and communicate the results
- Transform large data sets into actionable information in an easy-to-understand format to support organizational decision making through the use of advanced analytical tools
- Apply big data analytics technology to a specific area such as healthcare; marketing; insurance; cyber security; or biological, medical, and scientific applications
- Evaluate the appropriate methods and tools for data analysis (including selecting a modeling approach, building a model using appropriate tools, validating the model, and deploying the model for prediction and analysis) in specific organizational contexts
More informationVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Graduate Studies at UMUC
- Decision Management Systems
- Data Management and Visualization
- Data Mining
- Predictive Modeling
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Analytics Practicum
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 70 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Official documentation indicating successful completion of the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree: If you were educated in a country other than the United States, you must have your official transcripts evaluated by an independent credit evaluation service. The evaluation company will send a copy of the evaluation to both you and UMUC. However, providing your transcript does not ensure admission to the Graduate School.
- English language proficiency: If you were educated outside of the U.S., you need to demonstrate college-level proficiency in written English to UMUC.
International659 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 659 USD per credit and a duration of .
National480 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 480 USD per credit and a duration of .
- University of Maryland University College is committed to helping you find ways to meet, manage, and lower your education costs through a variety of financing and payment options.
- When it comes to covering your college expenses, you have choices. Federal student financial aid, loans, grants, and scholarships are available to help fund your degree. Plus, you may qualify for employer-provided tuition assistance and/or military benefits. Your eligibility is based on your current financial need and other factors.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.