The World Campus online Master of Finance degree at Pennsylvania State University gives you a well-rounded understanding of finance by covering practical business applications that you can use to manage current financial challenges, as well as advanced financial theory that can provide you with the tools you need to address future trends.
As a student in the program, you can learn about:
- financial modeling, including capital budgeting, basic statistics, and forecasting
- financial accounting and the principles underlying financial accounting and use of accounting information for decision making
- advanced topics involving strategic financial decisions, including capital structure and cost of capital, valuation, and corporate control
- multinational financial management for companies subject to foreign exchange risk exposure and different tax regulations in foreign countries
- financial derivative securities covering options, forwards, futures, and OTC derivatives
Because the Penn State online Master of Finance degree can give you a balanced perspective of all areas of finance, it can help you prepare for positions such as:
- asset/wealth or private equity manager
- investment banking or commercial lending officer
- financial model builder
- financial analyst
- mutual fund managers, portfolio manager
- financial planner
- financial risk manager
- corporate finance officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Quantitative Methods in Finance
- Analysis of Financial Markets
- Financial Accounting Theory and Reporting Problems
- Current Issues in Corporate Finance
- Multinational Managerial Finance
- Financial Decision Processes
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Speculative Markets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance View 184 other Masters in Finance in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — An undergraduate cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale in the final two years of undergraduate studies is required.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores from within the past five years are required. Preferred applicants will have a GMAT score (or GRE equivalent) of 500 or better.
- English Proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
International34518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1046 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34518 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1046 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.