This MEd Elementary Education - Continuing Professional degree program at Northern Arizona University offers students, typically practicing teachers, the opportunity to enhance their content, pedagogical, and professional knowledge emphasizing current research. Students have the opportunity to pursue advanced courses in curriculum and instruction, educational psychology, educational foundations, and educational research.
Additionally, students choose from four available emphasis areas: Continuing Professional, Elementary National Board Certification Preparation (NBCT), and Multiage Education. Students who pursue the Continuing Education track will complete a research project as part of a graduate seminar or a thesis focused on a selected topic. Students who choose the NBCT track prepare for the rigorous process of National Board Certification, an advanced teaching credential.
Students who choose the Multiage Education emphasis will be prepared to teach and lead in Multiage classrooms, and will become familiar with the contexts, theories, research, assessments and strategies used in Multiage programs.
- Modern Elementary School Mathematics
- Advanced Children's Literature
- Modern Language-arts Instruction
- Modern Elementary School Science
- Seminar In The Development Of Language: Young Children
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPrimary Education View 87 other Masters in Primary Education in United States
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
International12480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 416 USD per credit during 12 months.
National12480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 416 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.